I am going to do my best at explaining the last month of my life here in AmeriCorps, but so much has gone on it's hard to sum up in a few sentences. For the first three weeks we went through a lot of different trainings having to do with diversity, CPR, power tools certification and "child friendly spaces." (whatever that means) The good that came out of this is that I am now officially certified to use power tools, give CPR and use an AED (automatic external defibrillator, the electric shock thing that gets people's hearts to beat again). I won't lie training could be pretty brutal sometimes considering it was 8 hours of sitting in back to back lectures, but it's over now!
Well as usual I ran out of time to write, but there's an update.
I'm going to New Orleans for 6 weeks! I'm so excited!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment