Friday, July 22, 2011

Round 3, The Farm, Massachusettes.

I made it through my first week of camping in Westport, Mass. The first day I was extremely nervous about the living situation since we are sleeping in tents and have to go as a group to get the shower which is at our work, a 3 mile drive. Luckily, I am getting used to it rather quickly. I mean I'll never get used to being eaten alive by bugs on a daily basis, but maybe I'll become one with nature like Henry David Theoreau. Random Fact: Theoreau's book "Walden" was set in a pond in Massachusettes. Guess where I am?! Next to a pond in Massachusettes!!! I'm reading it right now in the hope that it'll inspire me to love nature. :) I don't think I'll ever love it as much as our sponsors though. They don't shave their armpits and have 7 trashcans for different recyling items.

Despite the less than ideal living situation, the location is great! I've been swimming in the Atlantic 3 times now. It's slightly different than the beaches at home in SoCal. It's much more rocky and the waves aren't nearly as big. Suprisingly the water is warmer! Nothing compares to laying on the beach in California though. Today as I was swimming I made one of my main goals to be to learn to surf when I get home. I'm ashamed to be from California and not know how to surf. I love the ocean and love swimming so why not add an extra tool in there to make it interesting.

Well, I'm out of time as usual! I hope to update this everytime I get online, but that usually doesn't work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment