Saturday, March 12, 2011
Road Trippin to New Orleans
Today began the real journey of AmeriCorps. We left this morning at 8:30 for Knoxville, TN. It took us 13 hours to get here. We got lost along the way and I had a minor bout of car sickness, but we made it. We leave tomorrow at 7:30, (bright and early!) for New Orleans. I just want to get there already. All 11 of my team members and I are going to be staying in a 3 bedroom house with 1 bathroom which should make for an interesting shower situation. We're going to be working on Habitat for Humanity which builds houses for Hurricane Katrina victims as well as other disadvantaged families in the area. I'm really excited for this project. It will really remind me why I signed up for this program in the first place which was to experience new exciting places and help people in need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It looks exciting and I am glad I remembered to join your blog! Looking forward to seeing more!
ReplyDelete