Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Creativity at its finest

It's 6 o'clock on a Monday evening and I'm in the house at Stone Barn farm because it's raining. It's the Worst Case Scenario for a person who lives in a tent. You may ask, what does a person do that has a lack of electricity, no internet, hardly anywhere to be alone and one vehicle for transportation?! I would answer, that's a great question and if you have any suggestions for entertainment, please let me know! You are currently reading what I do when I'm stuck inside. We definetly have to be creative when we're living in tents in an open field on a farm. Yesterday, I painted with 3 paints I found in storage. Luckily, they were red, yellow and blue so you could mix them to make the secondary colors. I made some abstract cardboard art. I'm sure it'll be put in a museum someday. After work today, I showered at a dirty camp site's shower with some fellow spiders, did some push up's and sit ups, made some vocabulary flash cards for the GRE, and now this. I've actually been taking a lot of pictures in my spare time and trying out different settings to see what they do. I wish I had some kind of instrument here with me so I could practice that/ learn how to play it or Rosetta Stone so I could learn a language while I camp. That's right... I'm an ambitious camper. I need to keep my brain going, because I'm pretty sure my IQ gets lower everyday I sit down to label, plug, or wash 1 of 6,000 rubber ducks. I think I'm going to leave my shower stuff at the field station from now and work on running there every morning. I wake up at 6am against my will anyway, so I might as well. Maybe if I wake up earlier, I'll go to bed earlier and I won't have to come up with so many creative ways to entertain myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment