Thursday, August 11, 2011

Events of the Week

Monday- Got stuck in a thunderstorm
Tuesday- Made delicious chicken kabobs for my team, got pecked at by a rooster, screamed, and he came at me again!
Wednesday- Burned myself on a poptart, got a nasty blister, and counted rubber ducks... again. Went running after work, it was nice to work up a sweat.
Thursday- Today! I am working "AHA! Night" today which is a huge educational children's festival that is partnered with the local Ocean Explorium. We made 2 liter bottles into an ocean art piece. We collected seashells, rocks and seaglass (something they have on the East Coast, it's quite amazing!) and put them inside with some water and blue food coloring. We are going to be standing at a booth and educating kids about the wonders of the ocean and giving them some coloring pages to draw on. They're expected to have 900 kids at this festival and about 200 should stop at our booth. It should be fun! I know preparing for it was. I got to spend a few hours at the beach collecting rocks and seashells, just another hard days work :)
Friday- Tomorrow. Our generous sponsor invited us over to her beach front house for a BBQ and relaxing time at the beach. It'll be nice to get away from the farm.
Saturday- ANOTHER BBQ at my teammates house in Rhode Island and a volunteer project at a Music Festival... AND 1 week until Duck Derby and my return to Perry Point, MD! I never thought I'd be so excited to go back there. This Round has been a great experience, but I'm ready to sleep in a real bed again! 





No comments:

Post a Comment