I'm leaving another project behind bright and early tomorrow at 7am. It's always a bittersweet feeling when we transition to the next project. I really enjoyed this project and got job experience that will be really helpful for my future. My job consisted of educational outreach to kids where I took them around the 2/3 of a mile beach loop trail to teach them about the habitat as well as doing the fund-raising and event planning for the Duck Derby that happened today. It was great to see the event come together! Also, the scenery here is quite amazing. Everyday I got to come to work and look out onto Buzzard's Bay with the sun reflecting off the ocean and a beautiful wildlife sanctuary with vibrant butterflies and flowers. Pictures never do beautiful scenes justice. However, I am so excited to be done with camping and be onto the next project. The last project.
I keep thinking about how I only have 2.5 months left! Time flew by! It's going to be really sad to say goodbye to all of the amazing people I met here. It's been great to be a part of this. People with common goals coming together to do good. It's a beautiful thing. I don't think I've ever felt like I belonged somewhere more than I have the past 6.5 months. (ok this is getting mushy... )
My goal for the next 2.5 months is too really enjoy my time. I want to get as much out of this experience as possible and see as much as possible. I'm so much more positive about AmeriCorps then when I first started!! Maybe Round 2 next year in Denver or Sac?! I might just be that crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment